I know this has nothing to do with traveling, but it has everything to do with the culture. It's quite obvious that Asia has it's own factor of cheesiness, but I think Korea takes the cake. For example, couples are reeeaaaallly into showing off the fact that they are together. "Couple rings" are HUGE! They're basically matching wedding bands you buy to show you are dating.(I've been told this happens around the 3rd month of dating, and can spend up to $500 on one, only to be dumped 2 months later!) You can find matching phone accessories that fit together, full stores dedicated to his-and-her matching underwear, and best of all matching tee-shirts!
Here's where my photos come in....a blog dedicated to "couple tee's" as they are commonly referred to....Starting off with one of my favorites...(I think it's the tandem bike that really makes the photo!)
This pose can be seen everywhere...Koreans are really vain and love taking photos of themselves, and if their "other" is in the photo, they usually pull one of these--(together their arms make a heart....awww how sweet!)
These 2 even went as far as wearing matching head-band ear things...We DID happen to be at an amusement park, but that still doesn't make it OK!!!
....and the BEST for last-can't really read these tee's in the pic, but on the hearts is an arrow pointing saying "My best guy" and "My lovely girl"...Unfortunately, they are walking on the wrong sides so the arrows are pointing away from each other!!




No comments:
Post a Comment